CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tastes Yummy Tuesday: Cream Cheese Brownies!


The first post for Tastes Yummy Tuesday! I tried a cream cheese brownie recipe because you can use a boxed brownie mix. I have a bunch in my cupboard from when I snagged them on sale for 96 cents each. Its a simple recipe with not a lot of ingredients and makes a whole 13 x 9 inch pan so you can share. Or not, being an only child I never understood that 'caring is sharing' thing. Its something only jealous people say. :)

Cream Cheese Brownies
Boxed "family size" brownie mix (made for 13 x 9 inch pan)
Ingredients to make brownies according to box directions
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan. In one bowl, mix all ingredients for brownies according to box directions. In another bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix well. Pour the brownie batter into the pan, evening with a spoon. Place the cream cheese mixture in dollops over the brownie batter. Using a knife, cut through the two making a 'marbled effect.' Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. 



How it worked for me: That was my attempt at marbling. I don't know if I'm a good marbler. The cream cheese still seemed to sit on top. Kind of like a cream cheese crust. I don't know what the trick is to getting the brownie mix and cream cheese mixture to come together as one because mine were apparently enemies. Maybe next time I'll try layering them. Even if they're not so pretty, they still taste very good!


[If you didn't notice, the box says 'low fat'.. I fixed that problem by adding cream cheese. Chef or genius?]




5 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower from the Fun Tuesday Hop via GFC, stopping by from http://couponingfromfl2mi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks delicious! I'll have to try it. Hi! Following you from Tuesday Blog Hop. Would love a follow back on my blog: Prowling Books In the Lair. Nice to meet you. I also have a call for blogger participation for an upcoming giveaway if you're interested (media@writerslairbooks.com). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks tasty! I'm a new follower from the Fun Tuesday Hop. Hope you can stop by! www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks SOO yummy. I'm a new follower too, from Fun Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy!! I bet it was delicious :)

    Coming by to return the love and follow back!
    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete