CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

That annoys me!

Usually I am a very laid back person. Usually. But after all I am a Type-A person and a Virgo {that's my astrological sign, very fitting}. The common bond those two share would be: critical, irritable and demanding. Not the most pleasant character traits but I am who I am. And with my recent ankle mishap {if you don't know, check out my post 'Recycling=pain'} I get annoyed every time I have to move, have to use the bathroom and have to get up to walk in general. With all this time spent sitting down, I started to think of all the other things that annoy and I'm going to share them. Not that you care but because I need to get them off my chest. 

My {UnOfficial} List of Things that Annoy Me

When people say they are going to have a 'tuna fish' sandwich. Most people are aware that tuna is a fish. There's no need to use the word 'fish'. When you have trout for dinner, you don't say, "I'm going to have some trout fish." Completely unnecessary and I bring it up every time someone says it. 

People who do not know the difference between to, too, and two. Yes, they all sound the same but have different meanings. Ah, the fun of the English language. I will freely admit that I am not an expert but its probably the easiest thing to master. Telling me that you are 'Going too the store' makes me wonder if even you know who's all going with you. 

When someone texts you "LOL" constantly in their texts. I always wonder, Are you really laughing out loud? I doubt it. You could just say, "That's funny." If people really did laugh out loud as much as they use 'lol' there would be laughing fools all over the place. I haven't seen it but perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places. 

People who drink straight out of drink containers and lick the utensils while cooking. I included these two all in one because they're related. Its gross! If you're too lazy to get a glass to drink something then buy single use containers. I don't care how much you love someone, you don't want to drink their spit. And the licking thing- perhaps you want to taste to make sure its good but its officially not good because you added your own DNA. Ick. 

The hand rinsers. When I'm in a public restroom and notice people wash their hands by running them under water. And that's it, they're done. That's not washing, that's rinsing. There are steps to this that they teach in Kindergarten. And no, you didn't fool anyone by just standing by the sink with the water running. We all know that you're now the lady that doesn't wash her hands. Everything you touch in the store I'm staying away from.

When I cook a dish and someone immediately grabs for the salt and pepper before even tasting it. How do you already know it needs it? Did it tell you? "Salt and pepper me!" I didn't hear it. I don't like that you assume that I don't know how to season something. And if you're such a chef then why didn't you cook instead? 

-Update: I just wanted to put an update on here after comments from readers and my uncle {you finally visited my blog!}. I am not usually this pessimistic or snappy- but hobbling around the house put me in a bad mood. I still agree with everything in the post. I expect people to be honest with me so I will always be 100% on here. Brittany xx

3 comments:

  1. Love the list I agreed with many that you listed. I am a new follower from the give a hoot wed blog hop would love it if you could come by to check out my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back. Prayers for your grumpiness and ankle pain :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're two young too be that grumpy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete