CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Laundry Woes {and Tide}

Compared to last night, tonight was a breeze! I was unaware that the dogs we're babysitting suck down water like its going out of style so I kept re-filling the water bowl. Big mistake. At 11 p.m. I heard a yell from the bedroom. The chubby one peed on the bed. On the bed! Ugh. And then an hour later on the floor. Then the old one peed on the kitchen floor. I don't know why they enjoy peeing in my house. At that point I was thinking about letting the dogs sleep outside. One good thing did come out of all of this though- I had a chance to try out the new sample I got in the mail a couple weeks ago.

On Facebook, I signed up for a sample of the new Tide Stain Release in-wash booster packs. I was a little surprised when it actually came in the mail because it wasn't what I would consider a sample size. The package came with 10 packs. The samples I usually get are just for one use. Kind of like the shampoo bottles they have in hotel rooms.  I'm not a woman that's a brand snob so I buy whatever laundry detergent is on sale and the cheapest so these were new for me. When my boyfriend and I moved into our house together he was a Tide fanatic and claimed it was the only kind he could use because of his 'sensitive skin'. I told him it was probably all in his mind. {I think it should be noted that I've changed to 3 different brands since then and there have been no 'skin issues' lol}

I opened the package and was hit with a nice fruity orange smell. Not really like real oranges but it smelled nice nonetheless. The packs are sealed so I didn't have to deal with opening them up before throwing them in the washer. You just throw them in the washer with your regular detergent. I currently have dishwashing packs that you have to open each one individually before using. I hate them, they're a pain!

On the package it claims to remove tough stains such as: grass, ketchup, wine, chocolate, gravy, grape juice and more. I didn't have any clothes or laundry with those stains but I did have cleaning rags that had to go in. They're white rags {I don't know why I bought white?!}and the ones I use to scrub the floors so they get pretty grungy. So the white rags, soiled towels and bedding went in with the Tide Stain Release packs.

The result? The towels came out of the dryer stain-free. My white cleaning rags came out cleaner but still had some smudges on them. Maybe only bleach can get them completely white again? All in all I would say that the Tide Stain Release in-wash booster packs worked pretty well. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, I'd grade them an 8. I was at our local grocery store today and checked on the price of them and I will only be purchasing these if I have a coupon or I'm feeling wealthy that day.

Maybe one of these days I'll feel ambitious and try that homemade laundry detergent recipe I have laying around. It's cheap to make and apparently works wonders. Has anyone tried homemade laundry detergent? If so, please let me know which recipe and how it worked!

*The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment